Water softener shopping should be a simple task. You already know that you’re sick and tired of the effects of hard water and want the benefits that a water softener offers. So, you just have to pick out the one you want and have it installed, right? Not so fast.
Choosing the best water softener includes finding the answers to many questions like:
- How hard is your water?
- How many people live in your household?
- Does your municipality have any water softener restrictions?
- What is your budget?
- Do you want a system that needs maintenance, or a salt-free water softener that is maintenance-free?
Finding the answers to these questions typically means shopping around and talking to a professional. But, water softener shopping, and shopping in general, looks a little different these days.
Water softener shopping from home
Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, more people are shopping from home for all sorts of things, including groceries and personal care items that were once only purchased in-store. Water softener shopping is no exception.
With social distancing guidelines and other shopping restrictions still in place, it makes sense that consumers want to stay at home and do at least part of their research online. For water softener shopping, you can often look at reviews of local water treatment companies, compare water softener brands and models, and begin to get a picture of what you want for your own home simply by looking online.
Cyber-smart water softener shopping tips
We believe that you should seek professional advice for making your final decision on which water softener is best for your home. However, we also know that the customers who are informed the most make the best decisions. That means it’s perfectly fine to do some research online and learn as much as possible about water softeners and their benefits.
Since October is Cyber Security Awareness Month, we want to provide you with some helpful tips for safe and secure water softener shopping:
- Protect your device before you start shopping. Cyber security experts recommend using a firewall and up-to-date antivirus software on any internet connected device. Doing this can make your shopping experience safer and less likely to result in an unwanted breach of your personal information.
- Only visit trusted websites. Anyone can easily make a website these days – be cautious about which sites you visit! Cybercriminals know how to lure you in with a great looking site. Then, they ask for your personal information or install a virus on your device which gives them unauthorized access to your sensitive data.
- Never click on suspicious links. Unfortunately, hackers know exactly what appeals to us when we’re shopping online. If something looks too good to be true, it most likely is … don’t click on a suspicious link on a website or in an email as it could contain a malicious virus.
- Ask questions by phone. If you’re not sure about the safety of a site you visit, but you have questions about something you see there, find a customer service phone number to call.
We take your safety seriously
Whether you’re concerned about your health these days thanks to the pandemic, or you are worried about cyber security and protecting your personal information, we’ve got you covered. At RWI Water Systems, we are happy to answer as many questions as possible by phone. We make water softener shopping safe and easy since we’re a one-stop-shop for both sales and service. Give us a call today and we’ll be happy to help you choose the best water softener for you and your family.